• Congratulations!Dame Helen Mirren Hollywood Star Award winning

    Dame Helen Mirren has been welcomed to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

    The actress, who wore a blue dress and matching longline jacket to the ceremony, became the first person to be officially granted the honour in 2013 on Thursday (January 3). She was joined by husband Taylor Hackford and numerous friends within the industry.

    The Oscar winner joked about the positioning of her star next to that of Colin Firth, saying: "I couldn't be prouder and more happy that I'm actually going to finally lie next to Colin Firth - something I've been wanting to do for a very long time.

    "I'm so very, very proud to be henceforth walked upon, have fries dropped upon - maybe even be peed upon by future generations of tourists, Angelinos and their dogs. But please, please, no chewing gum," said Mirren.

    "I count myself as very lucky to be receiving this honour at this end of my life," Mirren continued. "My Hollywood dream was not broken. I'm living it right now. I am finally a part of that history I love. Thank you so much, everybody."

    Mirren's accolade is the 2,588th such star unveiled on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which was established in the 1950s.
    She was introduced at the event by writer and director David Mamet.

    James Franco, Matthew Perry, Jane Lynch, Usher and Jennifer Hudson are among those also due to be honoured with a star on the Walk of Fame.

    Dressed in a bright blue knee-length jacket with a matching shift dress in a identical shade, the British actress looked stunning and she lay on top of her star for photographers.

    The Oscar-winning actress now joins 'The King's Speech' star Colin Frith, who received his own star back in 2011.
    "Well I'm very pleased and proud and I think it's very good for the British monarchy that here on Hollywood Boulevard, the King and the Queen are going to actually sleep together, for the rest of history," Mirren said at the unveiling.



    0 comments → Congratulations!Dame Helen Mirren Hollywood Star Award winning

    Post a Comment