• McFly's Dougie Poynter

    I felt so out of control that I thought the only answer was to kill myself.
    McFly star beat his dependency on alcohol and drugs.


    McFly cutie Dougie Poynter's addiction to drinking and drugs left him in rehab in 2011.

    Now the musician is teetotal and loved up wth Lara Carew-Jones, but two years ago he'd split with Saturdays singer Frankie Sandford and felt very depressed.

    'I was just drinking all the time and basically getting off my head every night,' he recalls of his dark days. 

    'When I think of it now it feels like I'm talking about someone else. I drank whatever there was and took lots of different drugs. I was just a mess.'

    Dougie sank to such a low that he wanted to die and tried to gas himself in his car.

    'I thought the only answer was to kill myself,' Dougie tells Fabulous.

    'The frightening thing was it didn't seem at all dramatic to me. It just seemed completely logical.

    'That's actually what made me realise I needed help - I was out of control.'



    0 comments → McFly's Dougie Poynter

    Post a Comment